Radionomy Board
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:13 pm 

Radio 1: Haven't started a station yet.
O.S: Windows 10
Hello Everyone,

I'm TJ from the USA and currently, I have not started my station yet. I've been doing some research, reading terms, listening to some stations, collecting tracks, working on jingles and station theme, but still have some more work to go. Wanting everything to be perfect as it can be.

My questions are...
After I create a station is there a time limit (countdown) before I have to launch it?
Am I right in that the minimum listener requirement doesn't start until the station actually goes live?
Also, would like a few opinions about your experience with Radionomy?

Thanks! :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 am 
Site Admin

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/urbangold
Hello,

You have six months to activate your station after its creation.
The first planning generation will automatically activate the station.

Avant toute question, cliquez-ici ! | Voir la F.A.Q. | Retrouvez vos messages

Before any question click here ! | Consult the F.A.Q. | Find your previous posts

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 pm 

Thanks!!! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/fusion101
O.S: Other
Hello TJ, and welcome to Radionomy. Wishing you a good start with your new station. What genre? The guys (and gals) here will be glad to help you in anything we can.

Cheers,
Luis

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:29 pm 

Thanks!

My first station was going to be a Christian rock (60's, 70's, 80's, and select newer bands), but most of my collection was lost when my external HD crashed! Still, have the source, but to replace will take some extreme maintenance on the tapes to get them to play again. :(

I have an interest in all genres so I'm falling back on my second choice, an unconventional freeform format playing the best in mainstream, new, indie and collective commons artists. I know it a risky format, but in the future, I plan to also produce music shows that are informative as well as featuring performances by local artists.

Trying to nail down a performance venue and/or studio space for these shows to work out of. Got a lead on an abandoned church and maybe a long-closed amphitheater the latter really being way too large for my purposes (plus its been a few years and I fear it may be in disrepair by now :( ), but would allow for a bigger audience.

Big plans I know, but we'll see what comes to fruition and by what investors and money will be available.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:34 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/fusion101
O.S: Other
Yeah, big plans. I see a dilemma with the kind of investment you envision. On one hand, do you invest in your station and then hope the audience will be there, or do you build your audience first and then invest more heavily. With Radionomy, you're tied to a minimum audience threshold at three and nine months. If the audience doesn't materialize and your station gets deleted, then what?
On the other hand, if the shows you want to produce are independent of the station, then it doesn't matter much. Good thing here is it doesn't cost much to start and you can determine a future path after three months.

Good luck,
Luis

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:02 pm 

Indeed! Yes, definitely build the audience first and then invest in the shows as money and time permits.

When and if the shows are produced, they will be recorded (e.g. audio, video) as to permit their use on other venues, including my YouTube channel or podcast.

:)

Edit: Also planning on revenue from merchandising (e.g. t-shirts, mugs, sticker, etc.) to help with money for promotion, acquiring more music and maybe producing shows. Plan to promote these items on my webpage.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/redimidoradio/index
O.S: MacOS 10.8
Excellent idea go ahead will work with the help of the God. if you are a believer..