Radionomy Board
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:19 am 

Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/tuneldetiempo
The removal of our stations from the TuneIn platform has been catastrophic, as we have lost the majority of our audiences.
Many of our stations will not be able to maintain the 130Hr minimum mark, and sadly will die.
Many of us have suggested to Radionomy, as a courtesy, to temporarily put a hold on this 130hr minimum requirement, just while things settles and are worked on. This would allow us time to promote, or look for other means to increase the audience, and be able to comply with these requirements. Promotion take time; however, the TuneIn disconnection was on the spot, and took us by surprise. This temp and easy adjustment would be a bless for many producers.

Another thing that could also be very helpful is for Radionomy to list stations in ShoutCast. For some reason, stations are not being listed into ShoutCast, even if they have complied with the rules and the agreements. Being listed in ShoutCast could be the little push that many of us are looking to keep afloat.

These two little things make huge healing contributions, and some damage control. If there is interest in doing so.

Two humble cents.

Gabriel

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:03 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/1999
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/birch-street-radio
O.S: Windows Vista 32 Bits
On top of the loss of listeners from TuneIn and from geoblocked countries, the Stats - by which we are evaluated - are now obviously false.

My station's listenership is small, I know, ranging from just a couple of listeners to 6 or 8. I've only been on Radionomy for a few months, and haven't been able to build much momentum amid so many problems. But I know I have a few loyal listeners, and in the course of a day I typically have 3-8 listeners at any one time.

But Quick Stats is now showing days with less than 24 hours -- when I know for a fact that I never had fewer than 2 listeners at a time and averaged around 4. This is just nonsensical. If they don't get this fixed quickly (a) every producer's TLH averages are going to tank and (b) the advertisers aren't going to want to pay for listening hours that aren't registering.

Profile Send private message