Radionomy Board
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: WMG
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 am 

Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/amazinglitemusiccom
Does anyone know the best way to contact the Windows Media Radio Guide? I emailed them several weeks ago asking that they remove one of my stations and they have not responded.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: WMG
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:17 pm 

O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
*bump*

Today I saw the picture at the bottom of this reply, a letter some people received by Fed-Ex (a réal letter instead of e-mail... it's serious).

I saw it coming; some months ago already. A part of the 'my station has stopped broadcasting' message at my website, written down the 8th of May:

Quote:
Another quite big service which is still left, Windows Media Guide, is slowly dying, partly because Windows 8(.1) and 10 don’t support it. More and more people are making use of those newer systems. WMG also didn’t want to change the description, when I asked for it November 2015 (I changed the format shortly before that); “due to technical maintenance, our publication have been put on hold”. Since then, nothing changed.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm 

Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/rockradiobe
O.S: Windows 8
I got the same letter today.
Two big players gone. No more Windows media player and for Radionomy stations no more Tunein.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:11 pm 

I haven't received it, I just saw the picture in a Radionomy group at Facebook. I guess the people at WMG already noticed I wasn't broadcasting anymore.

But it was nearly dead already. The entire look of the site (outdated), the lack of updates, the small number of stations compared to a couple of years ago. And the fact they didn't want to change the description of my station anymore when it still existed (7/8 months ago).

Hopefully it doesn't affect the stations which are still broadcasting, and which are still in their database at the moment, too much. I'm afraid to lose some of my favorite stations, partly Radionomy stations, because of a lack of listeners.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:05 pm 

Radio 1: www.gospeljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/gospeljazzradio/index

www.jazzloversradio.com
Radio 2: www.classicaljazzradio.com

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/class ... adio/index

www.jazzvespersradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
Sadly, since the elmination of TUNEin for Radionomy stations, the WMG shifted to my number one source for our four streams followed by iTunes... etc. This is a major blow adding to the already significant reduction in audience since early May. Since iTunes has stopped accepting new stations, I can only suspect they will close down their service as well at some point.

Good leadership (in a company) doesn't continually react to bad news.. they anticipate it. Putting out fires, I'm afraid, is a full time pre-occupation for Radionomy.

My advice for any company that is internet driven for its survival and has outside or independent partnerships with independent suppliers (Producers), is to develop an advisory/feedback panel made up of us Producers to help them in their development and growth of their services. Without our pro-active, positive, helpful input.. they are operating in a vacuum, reacting to the next crisis. If this mindset and philosophy continues and doesn't change quickly, they will not survive.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 am 

Back then, about 15 % of my listeners came from WMG (in its heydays even more).