Radionomy Board
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:42 pm 

Hi All. I'm new to the radionomy platform but have watched and read the video tutorials/manual. When I'm in the planner and am trying to set up a new box, searches reveal almost not songs. I've tried simply copying exactly what the tutorials did (one searched for Katy Perry, another for Jackson's Thriller) just to try and ensure that the search was working correctly. It finds nothing. The only successful search result was when I searched on "rock" and it found weather reports for the Rocky Mountains. Not a single song entry - I've tried a dozen or more searches on very popular names...

In the Advanced Search, the "In Radionomy's Directory" origin checkbox is ticked, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any inputs?

Thanks...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:29 pm 

Radio 1: Somewhere over the audible rainbow
Radio 2: Website: http://www.1pureradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
If you read elsewhere in the forum, you will find that Radionomy, at least temporarily, but some believe it might be forever, has disabled access to the search functionality for Radionomy-provided tracks. You will need to legally acquire (or have acquired) and upload your own tracks in order to properly populate the music in your format.

bonechillradio wrote:
Hi All. I'm new to the radionomy platform but have watched and read the video tutorials/manual. When I'm in the planner and am trying to set up a new box, searches reveal almost not songs. I've tried simply copying exactly what the tutorials did (one searched for Katy Perry, another for Jackson's Thriller) just to try and ensure that the search was working correctly. It finds nothing. The only successful search result was when I searched on "rock" and it found weather reports for the Rocky Mountains. Not a single song entry - I've tried a dozen or more searches on very popular names...

In the Advanced Search, the "In Radionomy's Directory" origin checkbox is ticked, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any inputs?

Thanks...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/1999
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/birch-street-radio
O.S: Windows Vista 32 Bits
Indeed, the Producers Pact has been changed to eliminate reference to a Radionomy music library... but there is still some information on parts of the website saying you can use their library. Most of us believe it is gone for good because of copyright issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:56 pm 

Ahh. Thanks. I didn't see that notice elsewhere, but it looks like I'm trying to sign up in the midst of a chaotic period...

So that brings me to the next issue, I suppose. I have an extensive catalog myself. Much of it is through media that's 25+ years old. As long as I can produce a record, cassette, etc, am I covered for playing that content? I ripped it in the early 2000s and burned it all as CDs originally, then made MP3s out of them at 320 kbps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:36 am 

Radio 1: Somewhere over the audible rainbow
Radio 2: Website: http://www.1pureradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
Yes, you are all good as long as you either actually own it (physical media) or can prove how you received it (i.e. if it is a promotional track, be prepared to state that you have a membership on a certain site and they provided it to you on a certain date... or iTunes receipts... or google play receipts...etc)

bonechillradio wrote:
Ahh. Thanks. I didn't see that notice elsewhere, but it looks like I'm trying to sign up in the midst of a chaotic period...

So that brings me to the next issue, I suppose. I have an extensive catalog myself. Much of it is through media that's 25+ years old. As long as I can produce a record, cassette, etc, am I covered for playing that content? I ripped it in the early 2000s and burned it all as CDs originally, then made MP3s out of them at 320 kbps.