Radionomy Board
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:47 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/ironsidemusicradio
O.S: MacOS 10.7
Hi fellow broadcasters!

I just wanted to pick your brains and see if I've got this right.

So right now my station has surpassed the 12 hours a day and is now playing ads. I have a mixture of regular ads and this Jamendo lounge music everyone is talking about.

What I want to do is place my own ads (fillers), lets say 4x 30 second files to make the 2 minutes. So am I right by thinking that my ads (at 2 minutes long) would play once per hour, and the radionomy ads would play twice per hour?

I'm hoping that my ads would replace the Jamendo ads entirely and all that would be broadcast would be radionomy's 'normal' ads, and my own that I have uploaded. The Jamendo music really does not fit my rock, punk and country playlists!

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Ironside Music Radio

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:30 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/anisonhitsradio/index
O.S: Windows 8
If you create, upload and setup fillers for your stream, then IF there are no commercials for the locale of the listener, then the fillers will play instead of the dreaded Jamendo Lounge music. If there are adverts, then they will play. It is all determined by the istener location not your stream location. Your fillers must be exactly 2:00 minutes in length. Upload them into a filler box and then from the Planning page select that box (over on the right side of the calendar). Since fillers are subject to the minimum 45 minute contraints, upload at least 4-5 of them so they don't repeat too often and will not hit the constraints and a Jamendo Song plays. If you use actual songs for the fillers, then you are required to add the Artist and the Song title to the items in the filer box.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:37 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/ironsidemusicradio
O.S: MacOS 10.7
Thanks for the reply!

So if I made 4 filler tracks and uploaded them and put them in my planning then they would replace the Jamendo, and then depending on location my station would either stream my ads or radionomys?

Do you know anything about what different locations will hear on a stream?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:54 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/anisonhitsradio/index
O.S: Windows 8
You need to create a box for your fillers:

Attachment:
Filler-pic_2.png
Filler-pic_2.png [ 37.87 KiB | Viewed 6521 times ]

Upload your fillers to that box. Make sure tags are correct if necessary

Go to the Planner Calendar page and add the filler box you created and uploaded items:

Attachment:
Filler-pic_1.png
Filler-pic_1.png [ 40.18 KiB | Viewed 6521 times ]

Once that is done you need to create your planning. The fillers will not be used with existing planning so you will need to recreate the planning. Listeners will hear your fillers or adverts, depending upon location and if there are adverts for that location.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:16 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/avinu--hymns
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/wills-southern-gospel
Additionally, the 2:00 minute fillers cannot be your ads. Your LOCAL ads are totally different than the fillers and Targetspot ads.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:05 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/1999
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/birch-street-radio
O.S: Windows Vista 32 Bits
One other point - Once in a while when there is a TargetSpot ad break, but they don't have a full two minutes of ads, they will play a short instrumental track to fill the rest of the break. I presume that's Jamendo music. Nothing you can do about that, but it's mercifully brief.

Also - You can set jingles to play into and out of your breaks. In my case I have a "we'll be right back after this station break" message that plays before it and then a station promo after it. Helps avoid a jarring transition.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:25 pm 

Radio 1: Somewhere over the audible rainbow
Radio 2: Website: http://www.1pureradio.com
O.S: Windows 10
If it sort of has a 'piano' feel to it, that instrumental break has been around for years on the Radionomy platform - it's not a Jamendo creation. I think some other satellite-based programming providers (i.e. ones that deliver prepackaged formats via satellite to terrestrial radio stations) have used a similarly-styled break music that you'd hear when you are listening to the original feed, but the local station plays the commercials over it.

And, yes, on my properties, I play a "we'll be back in two minutes" message and then a station ID message after it...

birchstreetradio wrote:
One other point - Once in a while when there is a TargetSpot ad break, but they don't have a full two minutes of ads, they will play a short instrumental track to fill the rest of the break. I presume that's Jamendo music. Nothing you can do about that, but it's mercifully brief.

Also - You can set jingles to play into and out of your breaks. In my case I have a "we'll be right back after this station break" message that plays before it and then a station promo after it. Helps avoid a jarring transition.