Radionomy Board
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
Hi all,

I am completely new with Radionomy, and preparing the launching of my own radio ! And it is so thrilling :)

My only "issue" for the moment (as I didn't broadcast the radio yet, still doing clocks and preparing the days templates) would be about the "commercial & fillers"

Would someone be kind enough to answer me about these ?

- We have commercial every hour '20 & '40 ! Does it "overlay" the stream, or does it "insert" itself between two songs I planned ?

In short : is it inserting it softly in our programmation, or cutting it, the 'hard' way ?

- If no commercials, it is replaced by the "fillers" ! I got it fine, 2 minutes ! Oki, but if on my day I have 3 musical thematics? (morning piano / afteroon hard rock / evening electro..) But I have the feeling I can choose for one day template "only ONE" fillers type for a whole day. :-(

Can I use 'specific' different fillers for these all day long ?

Thanks for you help ! Hope my questions are simple enough !

See you in the verse...


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 1674
Location: Alabama, USA
O.S: Windows 10
Fenrilh wrote:
Hi all,

I am completely new with Radionomy, and preparing the launching of my own radio ! And it is so thrilling :)

My only "issue" for the moment (as I didn't broadcast the radio yet, still doing clocks and preparing the days templates) would be about the "commercial & fillers"

Would someone be kind enough to answer me about these ?

- We have commercial every hour '20 & '40 ! Does it "overlay" the stream, or does it "insert" itself between two songs I planned ?

In short : is it inserting it softly in our programmation, or cutting it, the 'hard' way ?

- If no commercials, it is replaced by the "fillers" ! I got it fine, 2 minutes ! Oki, but if on my day I have 3 musical thematics? (morning piano / afteroon hard rock / evening electro..) But I have the feeling I can choose for one day template "only ONE" fillers type for a whole day. :-(

Can I use 'specific' different fillers for these all day long ?

Thanks for you help ! Hope my questions are simple enough !

See you in the verse...


Hello,

The inserts are soft. Commercial breaks would apply to stations above the 12 hour a day audience level.

The choice (after uploading your own fillers, in the Fillers tab) is done in the "Planning" section (calendar, lower right hand corner) there you would be able to change the filler as many times as you wish.

More info: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=205


Best,

_________________
J.A.R.


For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
Big thanks for the answers :

so I understood it that way ->

If I have "music 1" + "voice" + "music 2" planned in my list, the commercial will choose (by itself) to incrust itself between (for example) "music 1" + "commercial 2mn" + "voice" + "music 2" without interrupting/cutting anything (just adding 4mn at my whole day template/playlist/clock)..

Correct?

For the second part, I understood the meaning of the fillers already, but it seems (but maybe I am wrong) that I can only apply "one filler type" a day... correct ?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 1674
Location: Alabama, USA
O.S: Windows 10
Fenrilh wrote:
Big thanks for the answers :

so I understood it that way ->

If I have "music 1" + "voice" + "music 2" planned in my list, the commercial will choose (by itself) to incrust itself between (for example) "music 1" + "commercial 2mn" + "voice" + "music 2" without interrupting/cutting anything (just adding 4mn at my whole day template/playlist/clock)..

Correct?

For the second part, I understood the meaning of the fillers already, but it seems (but maybe I am wrong) that I can only apply "one filler type" a day... correct ?



Hi,

Yes, that is correct for the first. Regarding the second, you can change your uploaded fillers as many times as you wish. (e.g a day, a week or 3 times a day) This is done in the "planning tab calendar."


Best,

_________________
J.A.R.


For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
About the fillers again ! I still only see a way to choose ONE filler box for a WHOLE day. Am I correct ?

What are then the tips to have fillers specific to my music programmation ?

If in the morning I have a Chill programmation, Hard Rock in the pm and Electro by night... how do I put my "one" filler box to correspond to my broadcast thematic ?

(example : Chill morning clocks + Chill Filler = Ok !

But later Hard Rock pm clocks + Chill Filler = wrong
& Electro evening clocks + Chill Filler = wrong !)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
Hello ! Since a few daysI have the commercial / filler add to my radio ! Good news I guess, but...

Still, I don't understand if there is a trick to be able to have multiple and different 'thematic' fillers for the day, or if you are condamned to put "one kind of filler" for a whole day..

..in which case, I dont really understand what is the point of letting us managing Clocks with thematic songs.... if there is a 2 mn breaks with "another kind of music" in the middle of it that ruins your efforts of immersion.

I know why this 2mn music is there, as fillers. But the auditor doesn't... and it sounds for him like a programmation mistakes !

Few people already asked me why there was suddenly this "nothing to do" music in their programmation.

Really. I love Radionomy (And I am a Belgian myself !)

But honestly, there is here something I don't understand as beeing a producer who try to make a logical program for its audience !

Again : not complaining there are commercials / break !
BUT that I don't feel I can work on a "alternative" for my audience with a "single" filler kind...

What did I miss ?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 208
Location: Antwerpen
Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/rockradiobe
O.S: Windows 8
Hi,
You can make as much fillers as you want with your kind of music. Put them in the filler map in rmo and edit the time you want them to be played. For instance, put fillers at 120 min. than they will be played once every 2 hours. If you have enough fillers in your map you can put them on 240 min or even more.
I hope this helps.
Greetz.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
Nope sorry I don't get it !

My issue is not having "redundant" musics over and over. But a break between the music "genre" between the 2mn fillers and the actual Clock running.

I understand that :

- I have to "manually" activate a filler.

- I can only have "one filler box" active at the same time !

- No possibility to ask for switching automatically filler 1 "am" time & and filler 2 "pm" time for example !

Only thing I see to "eventually" try to make myself having Fillers genre = Clock genre, it is to take EACH SONG in a filler, one by one, and put restraining hour to try to make "that" song corresponding to the clock-kind-of-music..

But if that is so, as far as the RM make us having easy playlist, this way to treat fillers and each songs seems... "old ages" and a "LOT" of work !

Thanks for your reaction ! It is nice to feel some support ;)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:34 pm 
Offline
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Posts: 1674
Location: Alabama, USA
O.S: Windows 10
Fenrilh wrote:
Nope sorry I don't get it !

My issue is not having "redundant" musics over and over. But a break between the music "genre" between the 2mn fillers and the actual Clock running.

I understand that :

- I have to "manually" activate a filler.

- I can only have "one filler box" active at the same time !

- No possibility to ask for switching automatically filler 1 "am" time & and filler 2 "pm" time for example !

Only thing I see to "eventually" try to make myself having Fillers genre = Clock genre, it is to take EACH SONG in a filler, one by one, and put restraining hour to try to make "that" song corresponding to the clock-kind-of-music..

But if that is so, as far as the RM make us having easy playlist, this way to treat fillers and each songs seems... "old ages" and a "LOT" of work !

Thanks for your reaction ! It is nice to feel some support ;)



Hello,

Yes, to clarify. The purpose of your uploaded "Fillers" is to cover something already programmed (i.e. Radionomy Filler music)

It would be quite difficult for you to use the "Fillers" to match your Programming themes as this is not the main purpose of the "Fillers."

The only way would be to manually change the "Fillers" at the desired times. There is no limit on how many times you can manually change the "Fillers."

Sorry for any misunderstandings on this.



Best regards,

_________________
J.A.R.


For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Posts: 18
thank you !

I will deal with it, but honestly, from a producer view, I really don't get how other radio are doing with this if they are programming 'music' thematic and having to deal with "one" filler.

It is a complete breaking in the immersion (and logical) of their programmation. It means "loosing audience"..

For me, it is non-sense !

Now, you think we could suggest Radionomy to have more fillers activable ? With schedules, activating fillers 1, then 2, then 3 during a day etc.. letting us "customizating" our fillers for the non french/usa audience with "more suitable" music content matching our first clocks !

Just a system where the fillers automatically change depending the hour it is programmed !

programming 8h-10 : filler A
programming 12h-18 : filler B
programming 21h-00h : filler C

etc.. something simple, but giving us more tools to make good work of all this!

Again, big thanks JAR ! I really enjoy the whole thing and thanks for the opportunity of all this !


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group