Radionomy Board
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jingles over songs?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:18 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nowtrending/index
Radio 2: http://www.radionomy.com/fr#!/fr/search/?q=Adult Alternative
O.S: MacOS 10.7
I can't seem to figure out how to have my Jingles play over the start of my songs.
The Jingles are "dry" and do not have any production under them.

I'd like to have them start and then have the next song start provided there is enough of an "Intro" before the singer sings.

I see that you can set the "Intro" in the editing screen so it seems like this functionality should exist.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks
J. Pat

Radios:
Now Trending
Adult Alternative
Nashville Edge
Hot 1045
Summerfest

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Jingles over songs?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:56 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
JBGRadio wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to have my Jingles play over the start of my songs.
The Jingles are "dry" and do not have any production under them.

I'd like to have them start and then have the next song start provided there is enough of an "Intro" before the singer sings.

I see that you can set the "Intro" in the editing screen so it seems like this functionality should exist.

Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks
J. Pat

Radios:
Now Trending
Adult Alternative
Nashville Edge
Hot 1045
Summerfest

Hi J. Pat,

Could you include one of your radios in your profile data signature? (The link should point to your Radionomy.com index page and is filled in the "Radio 1 space" in your profile. You can also include another station)

More info. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=568#p1958 (8. Technical Support, Signature)

Regarding your question, it does work but not with the "compression on" as there is an AGC attached. So, you'll have to disable it. ("Settings" Tab in the RMO) But be careful to have all your tracks at the same audio level (more or less where possible) as the audio gain control will be disabled also.

Also, when you disable the compression you will also have to reboot your station for it to take effect.

Best regards,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nowtrending/index
Radio 2: http://www.radionomy.com/fr#!/fr/search/?q=Adult Alternative
O.S: MacOS 10.7
JAR - Thank you!

I've altered the compression on the "Now Trending" station and I'll listen to see if it takes effect.

Next Question: I've found that I can select individual jingles to categories of songs, but, not individual jingles to Individual songs.

For example - I can create a liner that says "One of the top 5 songs in the world on Now Trending Radio" and have that player before the "Top 5" Category.

I haven't figured out: "From Summerfest, 1975...It's Eric Clapton on Summerfest Radio" and Eric Clapton plays. That liner is only "bound" or "Tagged" to that individual song.

Is that possible?

Also - thanks for the tip on the signature - did I do it right?

:)

Thanks
J

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:37 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
JBGRadio wrote:
JAR - Thank you!

I've altered the compression on the "Now Trending" station and I'll listen to see if it takes effect.

Next Question: I've found that I can select individual jingles to categories of songs, but, not individual jingles to Individual songs.

For example - I can create a liner that says "One of the top 5 songs in the world on Now Trending Radio" and have that player before the "Top 5" Category.

I haven't figured out: "From Summerfest, 1975...It's Eric Clapton on Summerfest Radio" and Eric Clapton plays. That liner is only "bound" or "Tagged" to that individual song.

Is that possible?

Also - thanks for the tip on the signature - did I do it right?

:)

Thanks
J

Hi J,

You're welcome. :)

Regarding the jingles, I usually just put one jingle per box in the Jingles folder. That way I can place the order accordingly in the Clocks. Your clock represents one typical (representative) hour of your radio station. It should contain 13 to 14 music boxes.(average song 4 mins x 14 = 56 minutes Leaves 4 mins for commercial breaks for stations over 12 hours daily audience level)) Also, include your jingles/catch phrases between the songs from top to bottom. (here's a sample clock, but you don't have to do the same ... e.g. you can place jingles every two songs) viewtopic.php?f=30&t=114&start=30#p220 (31-1)

If you wish to place a particular jingle in front of or behind a particular song you'll need to use the "playlist" method, as the clock randomly picks songs from your music boxes. (at 60/60 box constraint default the RMO generator will look at your clock 24 times to generate planning for the day.)

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=114 (see Playlists)

Regarding the signature, great! I made a small correction in the "Radio 1" link as it was pointing to the French Radionomy index page, instead of the English.

All the best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma