Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/the-one/index -- not anymore -- killed and deleted by radionomy, along with 1000's of hours of labor and all of my files.
O.S: MacOS 10.7
Wiped out all the old stuff on the boards without notice? Not a good look Radionomy. Internet foul. Does not inspire confidence.

So, since I'm back here, I still want the following added to Radionomy features:

- Select-all and deselect-all elements in Audio manager. Documentation shows this in top-left, but it doesn't work in any of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE windows). It takes forever to single-select 40 elements, move them, then de-select 40 again.

- Repeat constraints that work outside of a box. The boxes have to be aware of previous plays, since you can have the same artist in different boxes. I also have the same element in 2-3 different boxes and the box constraints won't acknowledge anything played before from other boxes. If I could just apply a clock- or all-boxes-based constraint it would solve this problem.

- Editing tags or adding our own to your library tracks. You have "Jimi Hendricks" and "Jimi Hendrix" which play next to each other, even from the same box. You also have the artist Massive Attack listed differently for each song, which lets them repeat all over. Also, I calculate BPM on the half- or whole- beat differently than your library does, which leaves songs so fast (in comparison to my BPM) that they won't ever play.

- We should be able to access and tweak the other constraints: tempo, outro to intro, and introduce others based on ID3 tags or our keywords. For instance I'd like to constrain based on instrumental/vocal, gender, and decade.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 am 
Site Admin

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/urbangold
Hello,

I will try to answer between the lines :

ezrazmus wrote:
Wiped out all the old stuff on the boards without notice? Not a good look Radionomy. Internet foul. Does not inspire confidence.

So, since I'm back here, I still want the following added to Radionomy features:

- Select-all and deselect-all elements in Audio manager. Documentation shows this in top-left, but it doesn't work in any of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE windows). It takes forever to single-select 40 elements, move them, then de-select 40 again.

The "select all" function has been disabled due tu many accidental misuses (the deleted files were not only those shown by the filter applied but all the files). However, I agree with you, it would be an useful improvement but still needs some development

- Repeat constraints that work outside of a box. The boxes have to be aware of previous plays, since you can have the same artist in different boxes. I also have the same element in 2-3 different boxes and the box constraints won't acknowledge anything played before from other boxes. If I could just apply a clock- or all-boxes-based constraint it would solve this problem.

Most restrictive constraints are already applied regardless of the box or the clock. Only one exception : the playlists, that are a kind of digression in the program

- Editing tags or adding our own to your library tracks. You have "Jimi Hendricks" and "Jimi Hendrix" which play next to each other, even from the same box. You also have the artist Massive Attack listed differently for each song, which lets them repeat all over. Also, I calculate BPM on the half- or whole- beat differently than your library does, which leaves songs so fast (in comparison to my BPM) that they won't ever play.

No access allowed to Radionomy's database. I let you imagine what would happen in case of intentional or non intentional misuse. But feel free to let us know any mistake and we'll do our best to correct it quickly.

- We should be able to access and tweak the other constraints: tempo, outro to intro, and introduce others based on ID3 tags or our keywords. For instance I'd like to constrain based on instrumental/vocal, gender, and decade.

The system will try to manage the tempo, intro/extro for a good transition between 2 tracks when it is possible (in accordance with the number of tracks, constraints already applied, etc.)
For your criteria (instrumental/vocal, gender, decade), I can only advice to manage it by using different boxes.

Best!

Avant toute question, cliquez-ici ! | Voir la F.A.Q. | Retrouvez vos messages

Before any question click here ! | Consult the F.A.Q. | Find your previous posts

Profile Send private message