Radionomy - Board
https://forum.radionomy.com/

New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty coverage
https://forum.radionomy.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21991
Page 3 of 6

Author:  elmbury [ Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

eleu wrote:
Broadcasting rights = they have obtained the required licenses for podcasting and internet radio streaming. I cannot find a thing about royalties in these licences. Guess well have to make our own mind up here ( I do contracts not royalties remember) Suffice to say when this gets sent as a hard copy. I'm outa here.

How many times have you stated that you are leaving on this forum eleu? And why are you still here?

Author:  NBTMusicRadio [ Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

well i just asked a Music Lawyer that people seem to respect for an opinion, he understandably doesn't want his name out there and he wrote this back to me ''the wording would suggest that the producer is responsible for the costs of royalties on the music being aired. This seems abnormal and in fact sketchy to me, but this is not a formal legal opinion on the matter. '' of course it would be very nice to get something from a lawyer willing to go ON the record..

OR RN management could naturally clear this up in a second :)

Author:  NBTMusicRadio [ Thu May 19, 2016 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

elmbury wrote:
eleu wrote:
Broadcasting rights = they have obtained the required licenses for podcasting and internet radio streaming. I cannot find a thing about royalties in these licences. Guess well have to make our own mind up here ( I do contracts not royalties remember) Suffice to say when this gets sent as a hard copy. I'm outa here.

How many times have you stated that you are leaving on this forum eleu? And why are you still here?


well regardless of that, i have never said i am leaving :) so do i have your permission to keep asking questions? :P

Author:  robertlc [ Thu May 19, 2016 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

Regarding how Radionomy notified Producers of this new agreement, did anyone notice this clause:

Quote:
19. Communications

All communications between RADIONOMY and the Radio Station Producer shall be in electronic format. RADIONOMY shall only communicate with Radio Station Producers by e-mail or by placing certain information online on the Website (https//:board.radionomy.com).


So, by placing the new agreement in this forum, they have met their communications requirements to Producers, as they define it.

Author:  eleu [ Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

Well I can see whos the fanboy on here, don't care who I upset now. I have gone. Enjoy your legal bill elmbury

Author:  NBTMusicRadio [ Thu May 19, 2016 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

robertlc wrote:
Regarding how Radionomy notified Producers of this new agreement, did anyone notice this clause:

Quote:
19. Communications

All communications between RADIONOMY and the Radio Station Producer shall be in electronic format. RADIONOMY shall only communicate with Radio Station Producers by e-mail or by placing certain information online on the Website (https//:board.radionomy.com).


So, by placing the new agreement in this forum, they have met their communications requirements to Producers, as they define it.


it would seem so... though releasing it hidden in a thread that is 3 years old doesn't seem very legally binding to me.. its almost as if they are slightly ashamed of it.. weird .. anyway Domi please ask the guys who put this together, and your bosses too, about giving us a clearer take on the copyright and royalty issue and who is paying/responsible for what exactly.

Author:  NBTMusicRadio [ Thu May 19, 2016 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

sorry if you get this twice.. i cant seem to see it on this thread for some reason..

well i just asked a Music Lawyer that people seem to respect for an opinion, he understandably doesn't want his name out there and he wrote this back to me ''the wording would suggest that the producer is responsible for the costs of royalties on the music being aired. This seems abnormal and in fact sketchy to me, but this is not a formal legal opinion on the matter. '' of course it would be very nice to get something from a lawyer willing to go ON the record..

OR RN management could naturally clear this up in a second

Author:  stevedan1000 [ Thu May 19, 2016 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

This is VERY IMPORTANT - Mods - answer and clarification needed.....

Author:  john262 [ Thu May 19, 2016 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

If producers are responsible for covering royalties then most of us are already on the hook for thousands. Royalty costs can add up fast and would almost certainly bankrupt many producers. But the question is would rights organizations really go after individual producers? Given how many producers use Radionomy that would be a monumental task.

Author:  NBTMusicRadio [ Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Version Of Producers Pact + copyright/Royalty covera

john262 wrote:
If producers are responsible for covering royalties then most of us are already on the hook for thousands. Royalty costs can add up fast and would almost certainly bankrupt many producers. But the question is would rights organizations really go after individual producers? Given how many producers use Radionomy that would be a monumental task.


it really isn't just a case of hoping to get away with it, because there are so many of us.. A lot of us, if not most, joined radionomy because we were informed we could operate legally. If the rules have changed and Radionomy does not cover royalties anymore, if were were to stay honest then we would have to decide whether we could afford to pay royalties or close shop. This is what is at issue here. at the present the wording in the pact is so ambiguous that there hasn't been one Producer (whose opinion i would trust) or indeed outside lawyer that has been able to say.. exactly and with complete certainty what is actually being said.

only RN management and the people that drafted this 'wonder' know that for certain, and this is something that they have to share, so that radios can be absolutely sure what we are responsible for and how we are covered. If they say, or any producer try to excuse this by saying this is info they cant share, then they should not have released this new pact at all.. the fact of HOW they released it already should tell you that they are not 100% confident in the bona-fides of the document.

Page 3 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/