Radionomy Board
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Radio Station
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/life101
O.S: Windows 10
Hello Everyone :) Please allow me to introduce myself

My name is Rob and I live in a small town in Southern Ontario, Canada. I am a father of 3 and a grandfather of 8 which means that like some of the rest of you... I am "not young" either lol

Music has always been a large part of my life!! As a teen I was in a small local band which lasted about 3 years. I have always attended gatherings for friends and family as "another" guitar player. Around 2005, I decided to expand my musical talents to the keyboards and try my hand as a singer/songwriter. I currently have about 40 songs I composed which are available online.

I have always been told that I have a great radio voice! :D Around 1980 I walked into a small AM radio station in the town where I currently live and asked for a voice test. The station manager was impressed and over a 3 year period I went from backup announcer to part time and then I was offered a fulltime shift. My 3rd child was born during this time and with the added expenses I was forced to go back to my regular occupation :( The radio experience stuck with me however as one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life!

About 5 years ago, I hurt my back and was told that I could no longer continue my profession as a welder. Placed on a disability pension, I now found that I had lots of time. I took a look around for something to fill that time and found Radionomy and decided to try my hand at broadcasting once again. Although I am new to the forum, I have been around for about 3 or 4 years at Radionomy and have "lost" 3 stations at the end of 9 months due to lack of listener volume :( I have gained a lot of experience however :)

My latest project is Christian based Life-101. We offer 24/7 praise and worship music. On Sunday evenings at 9 pm UTC we offer a live "sermon" or message broadcast and Monday to Friday... also a 9 pm UTC... we run a live program called "The Quest" which is a talk program that focuses on Christian tips and teachings to hopefully improve the quality of life!

It would please me very much if you could either check out the station yourself or pass the web address along to those you know who are of a Christian persuasion...

Looking forward to meeting at least some of you online and working side by side on our radio projects!!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Radio Station
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/starflightradio
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
Rob;

Just wanted to say hi and wish you the best on your radio project. I have several listeners from Canada and got to visit BC several years ago.

I have had my station since 2015 and continue to work on it just about everyday. It is a lot of hard work & time in the beginning but over time it smooths out with a few challenges from time to time. I would suggest printing off the "Station Owner's Manual" it answers a lot of questions.

Feel free to reach out to myself or post a question(s) there are no dumb questions to understand all the pieces of the puzzle. To be honest I was a little lost in the beginning until I got the hang of it all.

Take care and have a great week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/mensquartets
Radio 2: Not Applicable
Hi Rob,

Happy to hear another Christian brother is on here. I run a Radionomy station of Southern Gospel Men's Quartets. It's been a struggle to get the 130 hours minimum. It takes many hours per week to delete, upload, and change the Playlist. Sorry to hear about your physical limitations. Keep up the good work and may God Bless you. I know the Watchmen Quartet are from Southern Ontario. I don't have any of their music, but hopefully I can get their music sometime. My wife and I go to the Memphis Quartet Show in Memphis, Tennessee every June. Several years ago my wife and I went to the Niagara Falls Gospel sing on the USA Memorial Weekend. It now has moved to Toronto. My daughter-in-law was raised in Toronto.

Blessings, Ken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radio ... onia/index
Dear brothers, I have 5 Christian radios here 'also with the continuous technical problems I have been going on for several years evangelizing and talking about Jesus Christ I am happy to meet you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:00 pm 

:D Thanks to all of you for the replies!! I appreciate hearing from you.

During the time that i was working on my 3 previous stations... I think I have the basics figured out. I also believe that the reason I lost the first 3 stations was that I only ran music 24/7. This time I'm hoping that the live broadcasts will gain a better following and that will result in enough hours to keep us on-air. Only time will tell!

God bless you all :) Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 pm 

I'm about to launch a new radio station SAF radio on 1st of May to play 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's music plus Christian music all day on a Sunday. Our station is a registered charity based in the UK which helps animals of abuse and abandonment and dogs of homeless people.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:18 pm 

Congrats SAF on your upcoming launch... best of luck with it!!

A better spot to post your station launch would be under: Board index... English... Off the air...

The very first posting there is for newcomers... if you read it... you will reach item #6-Present your project and talk about you... follow that link and present your station there instead :)

Rob