Radionomy Board
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:18 am 

O.S: Windows 10
Hello Radionomy responsibles,

could you please clean up, means deleting definitively, the streams / URLs of the deleted stations and not redirect to fantasy channels.
That would make life easier for all the stations which leave Radionomy, do not want to migrate to Shoutcast, but wish to switch to a new host.
It can not be that hard, because deleted means deleted, so no longer exists.
Keep in mind, that would be a nice fair gesture on your part towards the long-time broadcasters, who have brought in money.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm 

Radio 1: http://BeautifulQEZ.com
Radio 2: http://BirminghamLite.com
AMEN to that! I doubt Radionomy will, however, bc those stream URLs can still redirect to their own streams. The way Radionony probably looks at it...those dead and now redirected listen URLs can be heard by listeners who, in turn, are still exposed to the bi-hourly advertisements. Radionomy could care less if it's an inconvenience to those stations who leave (or will be deleted) off of their platform. It doesn't seem as though Radionomy could stream over their domains (radionomy.com and playtheradio.com) after 1/1/20 without incurring the music royalties for such. But then again...it will be THEIR programming being aired over those dead (station) URLs after January 1, so they might not care having to pay the licensing on it. Guess it all depends on whether Radionomy is still legally licensed for the aforementioned URLs beginning in 2020 or not.

Another issue I am having is I moved my station from Radionomy to another host/music licensor back in May, but my old Radionomy station listing is still on the Shoutcast directory which is now relaying Radionomy's electronic/chill station over it. I imagine many US-based stations prior to the changes in May are in similar circumstances...with having their former Radionomy station listings on shoutcast since Radionomy and Shoutcast stations were many times listed in Shoutcast.com's directory. I imagine I could contact Radionomy about removing the listing if they would actually follow through with it. Many on their staff do not speak fluent English, either, which would probably preclude me from getting anything done regarding the matter, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:23 am 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/radio-wassoulou-internationale
O.S: Windows 8
Hallo
sie werden reagieren bei Radionomy, allerdings nicht im von dir erwarteten und verlangten Sinn, sondern einfacher:
sie werden innert weniger Stunden deinen Post löschen. Leider. Aber es ist meine Erfahrung in diesen letzten Tagen.
Beste Grüsse aus Obfelden
Hannes von Radio Wassoulou Internationale

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm 

So, since Radionomy is now history and all stations were closed earlier than announced,

1 very important thing is still left!

Please wipe all deleted station streams, also from those station that have not switched to shoutcast.

We deserve a fresh start, do not redirect to other stations and do not keep alive ghost streams.

Thanks and bye! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:27 pm 

Radio 1: www.seventiesberlin.com
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
I moved to Shoutcast just to have a channel announcing my new streaming address elsewhere on another platform; my hope was that all players tied to Radionomy would have automatically find the new shoutcast address with the messages about the new real address;
nothing happened, so now I have a Radionomy stream, eg in my old Nobex app, redirecting to a fake lounge channel; the shoutcast stream - which I have no way to delete; and the real stream; all with the same name;
hope Radionomy people will go bankrupt and will need to start to work in the real world, where with such a behaviour you're immediately fired;
happy new year everybody!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 pm 

O.S: Windows 8.1
passtheword wrote:
Guess it all depends on whether Radionomy is still legally licensed for the aforementioned URLs beginning in 2020 or not.

Many of my old radionomy streams still show up in search results, all this does is discourage listeners to stay listening @ radionomy.com.

This is not as worst as the Shoutcast, which has many dead streams still listed there.

Radionomy and Shoutcast used to have 50,000 active streams, many of them are now inactive or deleted for not meeting the 130 hour requirements.

I guess fixing them is not a priority of Radionomy or they want to be called Shoutcast from this point onwards.

Changing the business name from Radionomy to Shoutcast also means the American record labels are happy to file another copyright infringement claim against them.
Shoutcast was under the radar for many years, now no longer hidden after the closure of Radionomy.

If they were Canadian, they would have been covered by SoCan. SoCan has an reciprocal agreement with the American music and sound rights collective societies.
This is how Torontocast stays in business, at the worst Soundexchange could force Tonrontocast to geoblock their stream from being listened in the United States.

Radionomy based in Belgium, has advertisement brand in several American cities, gets hit with copyright infringement claim by Sony.
This is based on every one of Radionomy's intentions on providing services in foreign market, outside their home market of Belgium.

Radionomy could have closed down all their American offices, and moved Targetspot completely to Canada.
Especially move their Los Angeles office to Vancouver, this could have changed their jurisdiction from Sound exchange to SOCAN with an very easy fix.

Instead Radionomy rather irate and alienate their American producers in May, by forcing them to migrate into a completely broken business model aka Shoutcast for Business.
Now they are forcing their last remaining producers into the broken model, which brings the question who is completely responsible for their online streams in regards to copyrighted music.

If your just a American Shoutcast producer and your listeners are based in the United States, then answer is Radionomy to pay Soundexchange for copyrighted music.
Since the majority earned from targetspot is kept by Radionomy, then answer has to be Radionomy or maybe both.
Lets let the American high courts of justice decide this. after all they are far better experts than Radionomy regards to legal matters.

I would like to say cheers for Radionomy who threw the last of their producers under the bus, by closing and deleting their channels a day too early.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:19 pm 

O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
BluePenguins wrote:
Now they are forcing their last remaining producers into the broken model, which brings the question who is completely responsible for their online streams in regards to copyrighted music

Producers who went to Shoutcast are responsible for all copyrighted music royalties.
Shoutcast doesn't pay any royalties.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:48 pm 

Radio 1: http://BeautifulQEZ.com
Radio 2: http://BirminghamLite.com
I moved my station to Live365 back in April and deleted my Radionomy landing page at that time, but the stream URL associated with my station remained active but airing one of Radionomy's chill stations over it. So many websites have indexed my station info and former stream URL that now I have hundreds of listings of my station on other sites, relaying Radionomy's in-house chill station. I found one such listing/website seveal days ago and bookmarked the site so I could check and see if the Radionomy stream URLs would "fall off" and no longer connect once Radionomy ended its service on 12/31. As of a few hours ago, that listing is still streaming Radionomy's station. With Radionony going offline, ALL of these former listen URLs need to be deleted i.e. any link associated under the following subdirectory:

"radionomy.com/listen/".

If that subdirectory were deleted, then it should take care of all the zombie broadcasts out there which are no longer connected with our stations. I doubt Radionomy will do it bc their advertising will continue to be aired and heard over our previous stations on the Radionomy platform.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 am 
Moderators

Radio 1: Peelland-FM
Radio 2: 80XL
roc wrote:

Please wipe all deleted station streams, also from those station that have not switched to shoutcast.

I have sent an email with this question.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:21 pm 

Thank you very mutch peellandfm! :)

It would be great if that happened.