Radionomy Board
It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 pm 

Radio 1: http://listen.radionomy.com/sangeethaanukkal.m3u
O.S: Windows Seven 32 Bits
I need some clarifications on the below which was posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am under FAQ.

If I need to include/upload my own music, the original music purchased via online or from Music sellers will it be considered as legal music for broadcasting. Some of the CD's I have observed that they have the legal warning notice as "All rights reserved unauthorized public performance, broadcasting hiring or renting & copying of this recording is prohibited". Can I still broadcast them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post subject: 9- Will i be able to add my own titles/jingles ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am

:: Will i be able to add my own titles/jingles ? ::

Every creator can include its own music, and contents on its radio, as long he holds the files legally :

1- Buy of the physical support ; CD, MP3 (keep the bill, tickets, Donwload forms confirmations,...),
2- Getting the written authorizations of the owners for the promotionnals releases (mail, letter, ....)

Those followings, CANNOT be broadcasted on the platform :
- Files with DRM,
- Musicals DVD (or extracts from it),
- Offensant, pedophile, rascists, provocatives contents,
- Mix and/or bootleg not coming from an official source (or from the buy of a vinyl or CD),
- Audio extractions coming from video files from the Web (YouTube, DailyMotion,...) submitted to copyrights (Coverage, documentary, movies,...)

To be noted: A maximum quota of 1,000 files (all elements, music, ji,ngles, podcasts,...) is applied to a radio that have been activated less than 3 months. (Quota goes to 3,000, after 3 months).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 am 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
harikumark wrote:
I need some clarifications on the below which was posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am under FAQ.

If I need to include/upload my own music, the original music purchased via online or from Music sellers will it be considered as legal music for broadcasting. Some of the CD's I have observed that they have the legal warning notice as "All rights reserved unauthorized public performance, broadcasting hiring or renting & copying of this recording is prohibited". Can I still broadcast them?

Post subject: 9- Will i be able to add my own titles/jingles ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am

:: Will i be able to add my own titles/jingles ? ::

Every creator can include its own music, and contents on its radio, as long he holds the files legally :

1- Buy of the physical support ; CD, MP3 (keep the bill, tickets, Donwload forms confirmations,...),
2- Getting the written authorizations of the owners for the promotionnals releases (mail, letter, ....)

Those followings, CANNOT be broadcasted on the platform :
- Files with DRM,
- Musicals DVD (or extracts from it),
- Offensant, pedophile, rascists, provocatives contents,
- Mix and/or bootleg not coming from an official source (or from the buy of a vinyl or CD),
- Audio extractions coming from video files from the Web (YouTube, DailyMotion,...) submitted to copyrights (Coverage, documentary, movies,...)

To be noted: A maximum quota of 1,000 files (all elements, music, ji,ngles, podcasts,...) is applied to a radio that have been activated less than 3 months. (Quota goes to 3,000, after 3 months).

Hello Hari,

Regarding your question, Radionomy pays all the rights for music that is legally acquired or purchased. However, under certain circumstances, as the one you have mentioned above, you might have to seek further permission from the Copyright holder in order to broadcast music or a program over the Internet.

This extra step, in accord with the Producer's Pact, would fall upon you (The radio producer) to obtain any further permission to broadcast the music or program over the Internet. Any permission granted should be in writing (to you, the Radio Producer) in order to protect you from any third party complaints.

Regarding anything that you might have a doubt about, it is better to make sure before going ahead with any broadcast.

When your radio reaches its fourth month the maximum file count goes to 3000.

More info here regarding the above: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=575#p1833 (paragraph 7)

All the best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 am 

Thanks J.A.R for your quick response and useful too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 am 

Hi J.A.R,

Once again thanks for your early response.

Recently, i found in one the blog that "If you are paying ACSAP, BMI, SESAC, and SoundExchange fees, the prohibition on broadcasting would not apply, since these licenses are statutory and allow you to play any legally obtained music"

Source : http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201212 ... iend.shtml
Chilly8, Dec 28th, 2012 @ 10:52am

Is this statement true?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:13 pm 
Moderators

O.S: Windows 10
harikumark wrote:
Hi J.A.R,

Once again thanks for your early response.

Recently, i found in one the blog that "If you are paying ACSAP, BMI, SESAC, and SoundExchange fees, the prohibition on broadcasting would not apply, since these licenses are statutory and allow you to play any legally obtained music"

Source : http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201212 ... iend.shtml
Chilly8, Dec 28th, 2012 @ 10:52am

Is this statement true?

Hi Hari,

Yes, the statement is true. But sometimes buying a song/program doesn't mean that it's licensed for Broadcasting/Public performance. (It's rare, though, and if you see a license, (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC) on the label, then you should be able to broadcast it as long as the rights are being paid to the respective Societies.

Best,

For "Support" please include your radio's index link in your profile data (Radio 1). 8. Signature

Para "Asistencia" favor de incluir el enlace índice de radio en los datos del perfil (Radio 1). 8. Firma