Radionomy Board
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 am 

Radio 1: http://voxvariety.cf
So, I am expanding my station from music to also include News/Comedy/Spoken Word content. I have added a few podcasts that had to be split into multiple episodes to upload.

How do you guarantee that all parts are played back-to-back? I have set it to episode order to play in the right order. Also, I can't be sure how many parts there's going to be as length could vary. (This means I can't just add 3 back-to-back boxes to the day template as I could have more/less than that.)

Any ideas?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/urbangold
Hello,

If you don't know in advance how pany parts of the show you need to set, I would advice to create a different podcast box for each part instead of using the episode function.

So, you set these different podcast boxes in your day template (each box contains only one part of the show) with 1 second interval.
If a podcast box is empty, it will simply be ignored.

Just keep in mind that a podcast may not include a song as the music files haave to be correctly tagged.

Avant toute question, cliquez-ici ! | Voir la F.A.Q. | Retrouvez vos messages

Before any question click here ! | Consult the F.A.Q. | Find your previous posts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/5thousand
O.S: MacOS 10.8
Domi wrote:
Hello,

If you don't know in advance how pany parts of the show you nee go set, I would advice to create a different podcast box for each part instead of using the episode function.

So, you set these different podcast boxes in your day template (each box contains only one part of the show) with 1 second interval.
If a podcast box is empty, it will simply be ignored.

Just keep in mind that a podcast may not include a song as the music files haave to be correctly tagged.

Just for clarification purposes, do you mean 1 second interval as setting the first podcast box to start at 20:00:00, and the second podcast box starting at 20:00:01? Or 1 second interval starting the first podcast box at 20:00:00, and then proceed setting setup the second podcast box to start 1 second after the total time for the 1st podcast box is up?

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/urbangold
Yes, that's correct. However if the podcasts several minutes, I'd rather recommend to upload the different audi items in their respective audio category (e.g. all songs in a music box, all voice tracks in a voice track box, etc.) then create a playlist box and drag&drop the audio from their origin box to the playlist.

If there are several long podcasts back to back, the play system would ignore them if there is a too big difference between the scheduled time in the day template and the real time.

Avant toute question, cliquez-ici ! | Voir la F.A.Q. | Retrouvez vos messages

Before any question click here ! | Consult the F.A.Q. | Find your previous posts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:11 am 

I would advice to create a different podcast box for each part instead of using the episode function.