Radionomy Board
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:31 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Posts: 163
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/wyldwood-radio/index
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
So I went to listen to my station today, and all I got was silence for a while. Then, after refreshing the page, I got some advert about the Academy awards.

I thought adverts were just in the USA and France? As I live in the UK.

Please let us know what's happening with this.

_________________
PR, Social Media and Editorial at Wyldwood Radio


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am
Posts: 910
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nbtmusicradio/index
sadly first they introduced 'test' ads in Germany (been going for a month or so now) and according to previous posts then the UK is to follow, which i would guess is now, and i would also bet that has a LOT to do with all the malfunctions that have occurred the past 12 hours or so.

In Germany they are basically advertising themselves, so no one is even benefiting from them, so the disruption is pointless, in fact the ads invite you to leave the radio you are listening to and go SOMEWHERE else (jamendo) to get your music.

its all a little bit crazy at the moment.

another thing i notice is not a word has been said or added to the TOS about revenue sharing in the new countries suffering the ad insertions, be interesting see when that takes place

_________________
best albums of the year more than 60% new bands and musicians
https://www.facebook.com/martin.NBTMusi ... 8595855751
http://nbtmusic.de/
http://nbtmusicradio.org
http://nbtmusicradio.playtheradio.com/

Windows 8/10
Chrome


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Posts: 163
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/wyldwood-radio/index
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
Thank goodness it's not just us. We had a lady complain about it in Germany last week; we thought it may have been because she was listening through TuneIn.

It would be great if they let us producers know about these changes BEFORE it's implemented so we can let listeners know.

I am so angry!

_________________
PR, Social Media and Editorial at Wyldwood Radio


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am
Posts: 910
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nbtmusicradio/index
NemetonaWyldwood wrote:
Thank goodness it's not just us. We had a lady complain about it in Germany last week; we thought it may have been because she was listening through TuneIn.

It would be great if they let us producers know about these changes BEFORE it's implemented so we can let listeners know.

I am so angry!


and the way the ads have been inserted is really bad too viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10960

something WAS said about new countries getting ads but it was buried here in the forum, which isn't much good at all since with 7000 radios any post gets lost in a matter of minutes

_________________
best albums of the year more than 60% new bands and musicians
https://www.facebook.com/martin.NBTMusi ... 8595855751
http://nbtmusic.de/
http://nbtmusicradio.org
http://nbtmusicradio.playtheradio.com/

Windows 8/10
Chrome


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm
Posts: 163
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/wyldwood-radio/index
O.S: Windows Seven 64 Bits
If they are going to insert adverts into new countries, we need notice, we need warning to prepare the advert intro jingles to no longer say promotions, but to explain to our listeners that there are now actual adverts trying to sell things.

Oh, how I wish the world of radio broadcasting was not all about the £/$/whatever but more about the spirit and a love of music.

Guess I was born in the wrong time!

_________________
PR, Social Media and Editorial at Wyldwood Radio


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:46 am
Posts: 146
Location: UK
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radio-thunder-uk/
I'm a UK based Radio and Ads have started up on my station in the last few days, it seems to be constant on the Radionomy website feed, the ads are beginning to interrupt music tracks in mid flow or start up during a song, but it's also giving problems on the winamp feed in that it gets stuck until you reset, then the reset takes it back to playing the Targetspot music ad it played before. Also problems on Nobex Radio apps, it seems to close transmission down meaning you have to close the app and start again. I'd think listeners will look for another Radio Media that is working better and not stopping every few tracks, so it will hurt our audience figures.
The UK ads are annoying because it sometimes plays the same British Gas ad twice, sometimes consecutively , if I find it annoying I bet the audience will too.
I presume Radionomy are testing changes Live!!! as the problems seem to change all the time since the new RMO, along with the intermittant Cover Art on different Radionomy apps it can't be helping the Radionomy Audience figures, losing them to their competitors.

If it is happening in Europe also, no wonder I've lost audience figures in Germany.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am
Posts: 910
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nbtmusicradio/index
ThunderGord wrote:
I'm a UK based Radio and Ads have started up on my station in the last few days, it seems to be constant on the Radionomy website feed, the ads are beginning to interrupt music tracks in mid flow or start up during a song, but it's also giving problems on the winamp feed in that it gets stuck until you reset, then the reset takes it back to playing the Targetspot music ad it played before. Also problems on Nobex Radio apps, it seems to close transmission down meaning you have to close the app and start again. I'd think listeners will look for another Radio Media that is working better and not stopping every few tracks, so it will hurt our audience figures.
The UK ads are annoying because it sometimes plays the same British Gas ad twice, sometimes consecutively , if I find it annoying I bet the audience will too.
I presume Radionomy are testing changes Live!!! as the problems seem to change all the time since the new RMO, along with the intermittant Cover Art on different Radionomy apps it can't be helping the Radionomy Audience figures, losing them to their competitors.

If it is happening in Europe also, no wonder I've lost audience figures in Germany.


agreed. the implementation of ads , twice an hour would be bearable IF they were working correctly, but they are not, they seemed 'jammed' in with little or no thought, disrupt the sttream, heck more often than not STOP the stream, they are not the right length so filler pieces have to shoved in and it all becomes an un-listenable mess.

then there is their terrible idea of the bloody pre roll, so as you have mentioned every single time the stream stops, and u re connect the pre roll ads start up, which is horrible and i cant imagine any new listener staying

and because radios are not allowed to look for advertising themselves the ads have nothing to do with music or the radio at all, this also has the result that because internet radio ads from traditional businesses don't really seem to sell, we get same ads time after time after time

over all really badly thought out and again gives the impression that radionomy is not as successful as it says it is cause it comes across as put together by amateurs

_________________
best albums of the year more than 60% new bands and musicians
https://www.facebook.com/martin.NBTMusi ... 8595855751
http://nbtmusic.de/
http://nbtmusicradio.org
http://nbtmusicradio.playtheradio.com/

Windows 8/10
Chrome


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:46 am
Posts: 146
Location: UK
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radio-thunder-uk/
The Problems got worse this evening, as the Radio feed now goes dead for 4 minutes before the ads come on for 2 minutes before the music starts up again after the ads!!!
It's a Nightmare.
This wasn't happening yesterday, the ads slots were working, although ads yesterday interrupted music before it finished or when the ads stop, the music was sometimes half way through a track. So I guess they have a big problem with timing issues on the ads.

I was wondering if all radios were having the problem, or just those that had got enough hours were the ads were trigger automatically.
Is the USA and French feeds having the same problem? as they have had an ads system in for a while.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am
Posts: 910
Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/nbtmusicradio/index
ThunderGord wrote:
The Problems got worse this evening, as the Radio feed now goes dead for 4 minutes before the ads come on for 2 minutes before the music starts up again after the ads!!!
It's a Nightmare.
This wasn't happening yesterday, the ads slots were working, although ads yesterday interrupted music before it finished or when the ads stop, the music was sometimes half way through a track. So I guess they have a big problem with timing issues on the ads.

I was wondering if all radios were having the problem, or just those that had got enough hours were the ads were trigger automatically.
Is the USA and French feeds having the same problem? as they have had an ads system in for a while.


i'm getting reports from listeners on the USA, its happening to them as well :(

_________________
best albums of the year more than 60% new bands and musicians
https://www.facebook.com/martin.NBTMusi ... 8595855751
http://nbtmusic.de/
http://nbtmusicradio.org
http://nbtmusicradio.playtheradio.com/

Windows 8/10
Chrome


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group