Radionomy Board
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Album Artwork
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:01 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/brownunderground24-7
O.S: Windows 10
Here's a potentially odd question... Is album artwork required? If I read correctly, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that Radionomy only cares about Title and Artist. What are the requirements for album artwork, if any? The reason I ask is because I have a ton of music on vinyl that I would like to add to my playlist and it would save me a LOT of time to just add my station logo rather than scanning each piece. Thanks in advance for any info!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Album Artwork
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:12 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/j-popprojectradio
azsoulman wrote:
Here's a potentially odd question... Is album artwork required? If I read correctly, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that Radionomy only cares about Title and Artist. What are the requirements for album artwork, if any? The reason I ask is because I have a ton of music on vinyl that I would like to add to my playlist and it would save me a LOT of time to just add my station logo rather than scanning each piece. Thanks in advance for any info!

Album art is not required.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:04 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/brownunderground24-7
O.S: Windows 10
elmbury wrote:
azsoulman wrote:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Saves me a lot of work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:20 pm 

Radio 1: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/classicchristianradio
azsoulman wrote:
elmbury wrote:
azsoulman wrote:

I always try to do a Google Search first because many people have already scanned the covers in.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/thecove
O.S: Windows 8
azsoulman wrote:
elmbury wrote:
azsoulman wrote:

Yes, it takes more work, BUT... think like a programmer. Album art is a form of station promotion, just like imaging/I.D. drops that play before/after commercial breaks. Your job is to enhance, as much as you can, the total experience for your listeners when they tune in. I'm convinced that listener enjoyment of any station increases hugely when they can see the album art of the song they're hearing. It goes to listener retention, a challenge for any webcaster in a world of limitless listener choices. Call it return on investment - the return on your effort up front to get album art for every song, and reaping more return listeners as a result. Album art (including vinyl albums) is easily accessible on Amazon or any number of active web sites via Google.

http://thecove.playtheradio.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:11 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
PalmettoRick wrote:
Yes, it takes more work, BUT... think like a programmer. Album art is a form of station promotion, just like imaging/I.D. drops that play before/after commercial breaks. Your job is to enhance, as much as you can, the total experience for your listeners when they tune in. I'm convinced that listener enjoyment of any station increases hugely when they can see the album art of the song they're hearing. It goes to listener retention, a challenge for any webcaster in a world of limitless listener choices. Call it return on investment - the return on your effort up front to get album art for every song, and reaping more return listeners as a result. Album art (including vinyl albums) is easily accessible on Amazon or any number of active web sites via Google.

I agree completely about album art, and I have uploaded covers for every single song (most of my tracks are dj singles - so, a mild p.i.t.a., but really not a big deal. Google is your friend :) ) ... I was just curious if you (or anyone else) happened to know if it matters about the SIZE of the .jpg image I use?
Many (most) are in the 400 x 400 - 500 x 500 range, but some are a bit smaller, and a few as high as 1500 x 1500. Do you know if there is a size restriction? Will these few 1500 x 1500 album covers not actually show up when the time comes for my station to go on the air? Or will they be automatically resized to fit?
Just curious. Want it to look right from the start, so if I ought to find smaller images for those 900 x 900 or 1500 x 1500's - I should do it now.
Thanks in advance (can't find info about this anywhere).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:28 am 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/thecove
O.S: Windows 8
Quote:
I was just curious if you (or anyone else) happened to know if it matters about the SIZE of the .jpg image I use?

Not to my knowledge - every artwork graphic I uploaded works fine, & that included varying sizes. I did try not to upload the smallest I could find, as resolution (picture quality) might suffer w. very small files.

http://thecove.playtheradio.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:44 pm 

Radio 1: www.radionomy.com/Intergalactic_Funk
Radio 2: www.radionomy.com/IntergalacticFunk.com
PalmettoRick wrote:
Not to my knowledge - every artwork graphic I uploaded works fine, & that included varying sizes. I did try not to upload the smallest I could find, as resolution (picture quality) might suffer w. very small files.

Cool, thanks. (yeah, I always try to find 500 x 500 at least, if possible. I have a lot of obscure music, so occasionally I have to use something a bit smaller - when it's the only image available)
Appreciate the quick response. :)